Sunday, October 20, 2013

Going Through A Bit Of A Storm?

Ok. Here's what I have come to learn...

The work of the Lord still goes on...

You're probably thinking And? So?

Well, I say this because sometimes in our lives we will have situations or circumstances that will completely break our hearts and discourage us from moving forward and discourage us from ACTIVELY reaching out to God for help, and discourage us from allowing our faith to grow stronger. As a witness, and a continuing witness from my life, there have been times and days and weeks and months lol, where I have seemed to completely lost all touch of reality. I was tempted to give in. I wanted to throw in my towel because it felt like my situation that I was going through was just too tough and I couldn't get through it. And of course, I knew God, I had a relationship with God, but I did not take advantage of that relationship that I was so blessed to have with Jesus.

I responded in the wrong manner. Instead of getting on my knees and giving all of my cares to God, and trusting God that He will get me through, I instead, put matters into my own hands. When I say I put matters into my own hands, I mean that I stopped trusting that God could do it. I stopped trusting that God could make my situation better, that He would help me and guide me in the right direction. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunity of getting the chance to grow my faith, my faith was stagnant. Of course, I would pray and cry out to God, but I wasn't consistently doing those things because it "hurt" to much to do anything at all. I couldn't "focus" because the pain was just too deep.

I have learned that when you have a relationship with God and you actively seek Him when everything is full sailing, that you shouldn't stop and give up just because your path gets a little rocky, or you find yourself in some stormy weather. We, as children of God and ambassadors for Christ, have got to learn to put our strength in God and PERSEVERE when times get tough. Just because our personal lives might get a little shaky does not mean that we stop praying, going to church, living our lives for Jesus, and stop sharing the Gospel.

The Bible tells us to rejoice in our hard times...Jesus has our back. Our struggles and our hard times develops our testimony that will one day be of a GREAT help to someone in need.
Titus 4:5 says, "But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry."

The times where it seems like we can't go on...those are the times where we should be desperately on our face and knees making our relationship with Jesus stronger. Because, also, during those hard times, we become vulnerable to Satan's tactics. We cannot afford to let our guard's down even when the pain runs deep.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

If you're going through a storm, a struggle, or just a life-shake, and you just want to give up, I beg you not to give up on God because He won't give up on you. God hasn't forgotten about you. When it's the hardest to live for Christ, then that's when we keep pushing the most. It's only a storm, and the storm will pass. Jesus will take care of you...give everything to Him and He will work it out. I promise. Jesus has our best interest at heart, and even when the pain is coming through, God will hold your hand every step of the way. He won't leave you. Ever. That's His promise you can be secure in when all else fails.

Never forget that you are beautiful!

Ayanna


No comments:

Post a Comment